User Manual For Watches
Everyday accessories we wear it on every occasion. These timepieces are worth spending money. Let's get to know them better.
Parts of watch
WATCHES WITH A SCREW-DOWN CROWN
To set your watch, you must first unscrew the crown. Holding the crown firmly between your forefinger & thumb, turn the crown counter-clock wise. DO NOT USE ANY TOOLS OR FORCEFULLY PULL ON THE CROWN. The crown will turn 3-5 times & will then “pop out” to the neutral position. Automatic watches can be manually be wound while the crown is in this position. Refer to the manufacturer’s manual for watch setting & functions instructions.
IMPORTANT: To ensure water resistance, be sure to screw in & tighten the crown once you have finished setting the watch.
1.To make the crown operational, unscrew it from the case by turning it counter-clock wise until it releases.
2.To reseal the crown, press it against the case until the threads engage, & turn clockwise until tight.
Movement Of Watch
A movement is the mechanical workings of a watch, excluding the case & dial. Typically in the case of vintage wrist & pocket watches, the movement will not be visible.
An automatic or self-winding movement does not require winding, but can also be wound manually if desired. These watches possess a rotor or bumper mechanism that will move & automatically wind the watch as you wear it over the course of the day. If you are sufficiently active while wearing the watch throughout the day (minimum 8 hours), the watch should maintain a power reserve for between 24-36 hours.
WATER RESISTANCE GUIDELINE
|0 Rating 50m/165ft||Does not allow for contact with water.|
|50m/165ft-100m/330ft||Allows for light poolside swimming.|
|100m/330ft-200m/660ft||Allows for swimming,snorkeling & showering. (do not expose to hot water)|
|200m/660ft - 500m/1650ft||200m/660ft - 500m/1650ft Allows for impact water sports such as board diving & scuba diving.|
|500m/1650ft||Appropriate for serious deep water diving.|
Setting the date on your watch
Most watches features a “quick-set” option to correct the date. The most common method is by pulling the crown out to the middle click; another method by means of a recessed button on the case edge. If your watch features a screw- down crown, please follow instructions above before attempting to pull out the crown.
Avoid using the quick-set feature to correct the date while the watch is set between 9pm & 3am, as this can interfere with the gears already engaged in bringing the date forward. Quick-setting the date between these times may cause damage to your watch & the repair will not be covered under warranty.
In addition, most date features are designed for the date to advance forward only. It is advisable not to turn the time backwards past 3am, unless specifically stated otherwise in the instruction manual. Turning the time backwards past 3am will attempt to turn the date wheel backwards as well, which may damage the gears of your watch, which will not be covered under warranty.
Manual Winding-Unscrew the crown counterclockwise until it pops out from the side (the winding position). Once there, begin to wind the crown clockwise about 25-30 times. This is only required if you have not worn the watch for 1-2 days.
For the Date– Unscrew the crown counterclockwise until it pops out from the side (the winding position). Slightly tug on the crown to reach the 2nd extended position. To set the date, wind the crown clockwise or counterclockwise past the midnight position twice, after which you can set the correct date. When completed, gently push & screw the crown tightly back into place.
For the Time-Unscrew the crown counterclockwise until it pops out from the side (the winding position). Extend the crown past the 2nd position, which is fully extended from the side. To set the time, wind the crown clockwise or counterclockwise until you reach the appropriate time. When completed, gently push & screw the crown tightly back into place.
Non Quick Set
Manual Winding-Unscrew the crown counterclockwise until it pops out from the side (the winding position). Once there, begin to wind the crown clockwise about 25-30 times. This is only required if you have not worn the watch for 1-2 days
For the Date– Unscrew the crown counterclockwise until it pops out from the side (the winding position). Slightly tug on the crown to reach the 2nd extended position. To set the date, wind the crown clockwise or counterclockwise past the midnight position which will help you can set the correct date. When completed, gently push & screw the crown tightly back into place.
For the Time-Unscrew the crown counterclockwise until it pops out from the side (the winding position). Reach the 2nd extended position To set the time, wind the crown clockwise or counterclockwise until you reach the appropriate time. When completed, gently push & screw the crown tightly back into place.
What is a watch winder?
Watch winders were created to mimic the movement of your wrist, by gradually rotating an automatic wristwatch in a stationary position, in order to keep it fully wound. If an automatic wristwatch is on a watch winder, its power reserve will not run down & it will not have to be reset.
Care for your Timepiece
Dropping &/or Banging
When you wear these luxury timepiece make sure you dont drop or bang it. These timepieces were designed to withstand a fall of no more than three feet on a raised wood surface. As these timepieces are much older, their parts may be rare, costly, or not readily available to replace. Though a watch may appear completely intact after a drop or bang, damage may be much more extensive internally. Even a slight bang can cause serious damage if impact occurs at the right angle. Any physical damage to the will not be covered under warranty.
Water/ Other Fluids
Many vintage timepieces were not equipped with gaskets to prevent exposure to moisture, worse than water is exposure to steam. If water enters the mechanism of your vintage timepiece, pull out the crown as far as it will go, immediately place the watch crystal-down in a resealable bag of rice, & close the bag. Bring the watch in to us for service AS SOON AS POSSIBLE: any delay could cause further damage &corrosion. We also recommend not wearing excessive perfume on the same wrist you wear your watch. These oils can potentially react with the metal of your timepiece or enter it & interfere with the delicate balance of oils within your watch.
Periodic Service of Your Watch
We at Jewelry Unlimited offer one year mechanical functioning warranty on these luxury timepieces, we strongly recommend you continue to bring us your watch for periodic service or repair. Watches are like cars, maintaining it with regular servicing will not have issue like oil dry up, coagulate, or get dirty. Certain parts of a watch, like a watch oil filter, should be replaced every so often, particularly the mainspring & the gasket rings. For the optimal functioning, in our experience, a watch typically should be serviced every 3-5 years.
Automatic Wristwatch is Not Holding a Power Reserve
If you are wearing an automatic wind wristwatch for eight to ten hours & moving normally (I.E. you are not inactive or at rest), the watch should keep time when removed in the evening & still be running & accurate when put on again the next morning. If the watch watch is not keeping time & is not accurate there may be a power reserve issue which should be addressed by our us. It can be wise to give an automatic timepiece a manual wind eight to ten times before wearing it, especially if you haven’t worn the watch for a number of days.
GUARANTEE & WARRANTY
This warranty is only valid at Jewelry Unlimited. All warranty service must be performed by Jewelry Unlimited. The warranty is voided for any products opened or serviced by any other party.
Jewelry Unlimited product aee 100% genuine & most are guaranteed for one years from the date of purchase. Warranty length is displayed on the item page on the website.
Warranty service will be provided by Jewelry Unlimited under following conditions:
- The warranty does not apply to:
- Scratches or changes to the finish
- The glass or crystal
- The crown or stem
- The case,strap or bracelet
- Damages caused by excessive wear-and-tear & /or physical abuse
- Damage resulting from wear under conditions exceeding the manufacturer’s water resistance limitations
- The warranty does apply to:
- Manufacturing defects
- Watch movement
- Battery replacement
- Jewelry Unlimited will repair/ replace the product at our discretion, including the cost of all parts & labour during the warranty period.
- Jewelry Unlimited disclaims any liability for consequential or incidental damages for breach of written or implied warranty of this watch, including merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Warranty return parcels must be clearly shipped with a return form obtained by contacting Jewelry Unlimited customer service via email at [email protected] Parcels without invalid return shipping details will be refused.
- Goods must be returned via traceable carrier, such as Fedex, UPS(United Parcel Service), USPS (United States Postal Services) with insurance & delivery prepaid by the purchaser. Parcels shipped collect will be refused. The customer is liable for loss/damage in transit.
Upgrade Rolex Watch:
Now at Jewelry Unlimited you can trade-in & upgrade your watches & receive upto 85% of store credit. Our UpGrade offers a simple way to trade-in & upgrade your Jewelry Unlimited pre-loved Rolex.
The UpGrade applies to qualified pre owned Rolex watches that were purchased from Jewelry Unlimited. So, if you ever want to upgrade to a newer model, a different model, or a different style, you can trade in your Rolex with Jewelry Unlimited & receive store credit *upto 85%(conditions apply) for the watch towards your new purchase. Most of our pre owned Rolex watches qualify for this guarantee program.
Avail the benefit with owning a Jewelry Unlimited pre owned Rolex.
Term & Conditions:
- Most of our pre owned Rolex watches are eligible for the Jewelry Unlimited Rolex Upgrade.
- Lifetime Upgrade allows you to receive 85% value of what you paid for your pre owned Rolex timepiece (price you paid for the timepiece only) towards the purchase price of another timepiece. We do not provide credit for any additional links, bezel, band, clasp, crystal, hands, or dial upgrades. We do not provide a credit for any shipping, taxes, service or repair costs.
- The price of the new purchase must be at least double than the cost of your trade-in timepiece.
- The watch must be returned without any damage or modifications. If the watch has been damaged or modified, the amount of the trade-up value may be less than what you paid.
- The Lifetime Upgrade is not a buy-back program, it is a trade-up program. It applies only to qualified pre owned Rolex timepieces that were purchased from Jewelry Unlimited. Watches not purchased from Jewelry Unlimited are not applicable to the Lifetime Upgrade. The Lifetime Upgrade is non-transferable.
- The trade in price will only be credited once our certifies jewelry inspects the watch & updates us the condition of watch.