Audemars Piguet watch – Masterpiece by Master craftsmen
Regardless of whether Audemars Piguet watches are worth your collection is evident when you take a look at the price of a Royal Oak or a Millenary - either vintage or new. Audemars Piguet watches are seen as profoundly renowned and they have been for many, many years. However, why? What is so extraordinary about these watches?
An exciting successful experiment
The story begins in 1873, when technology student Jules Louis Audemars meets economy student Edward Auguste Piguet. The opening of their watch manufacturing plant in Switzerland in 1875 was simply a trial; when surprisingly it ended up being an extraordinary achievement. The watches Audemars and Piguet produced excelled due to their precise work and high quality. Also, that is precisely why these watches emerge even today. To claim an AP watch is to possess a fine, mechanical timepiece made with incredible craftsmanship and completed to flawlessness.
Through the years Audemars and Piguet shocked the world several times with creative designs. In 1925 they delivered world’s thinnest pocket watch, and after three years by the first ever skeleton watch: a watch that demonstrates its mechanical working through a glass. Audemars Piguet watches has had an incredible reputation right from the beginning, however it was in 1972 they became a standout amongst the best watch markers on the planet when they presented the "Royal Oak". An extravagant sports watch with a radical, unique design: remarkable in the art of watchmaking .
It isn't just outline that recognizes Audemars Piguet watches from others brands: their watches additionally emerge for the usage of amazing materials and mechanics. For instance, Audemars Piguet watches may use black ceramic rather than hardened steel and then hand finish it to get clean and satin brushed finishes. The usage of white golden screws demonstrates they know flawlessness is usually a point of interest. Since these superb quality standards likewise represent the eye for perfection, purchasing an AP watch implies you can enjoy it for a long time. Which is the reason why vintage watches frequently are in a decent state!
Think Audemars Piguet, think Royal Oak. Since this striking and radical design was presented in 1972, numerous Royal Oak models have set foot until now. As have numerous impersonations! It is as yet an extremely wanted watch; a vintage Royal Oak worth a ton of cash. Did you know the creator Gérald Genta was allowed just 24 hours to make an unconventional watch for all the events? Some way or the other he managed, being inspired by the professional diver’s helmet. His idea behind the watch was that if the screws holding the faceplate of the helmet were solid enough to keep water from entering, the same must apply for a watch. Turns out he was correct, and now around 90 percent of the Audemars Piguet watches sold today are Audemars Piguet Royal Oak offshore.
Regardless of whether a 1975 Royal Oak or a 2007 Millenary Maserati, you can perceive an AP watch among thousand different watches. It is the mix of interesting and luxurious designs, quality materials, fine craftsmanship and a rich history that makes Audemars Piguet watches worth collecting. Audemars Piguet is an elite watch producer company that was created by Jules Audemars and Edward Piguet in 1875 but still is one of the top watch manufacturing company in the world. Both were in their mid-twentieswhen they chose to build up the company. It has made a name in the business by creating an outstanding item that the market has a drive for. Today Audemars Piguet is viewed as one of the first class luxury watchmakers on the planet. Talking about the special edition watches, we have a list of top five Audemars Piguet watches model that are worth your notice:
- Sebastien Buemi - formula one race car driver
- Sachin Tendulkar – Indian cricketer
- Novak Djokovic – tennis player
- Leo Messi - Argentine footballer
- LeBron James – basketball player
- Roy Mcllory – professional golfer
- Michelle Yeoh – Malaysian actress
Every now and then, Audemars Piguet tosses in a couple of exclusive pieces that are limited edition and extraordinary in quality. Here's a look at our picks for the best five unique version AP watch models ever:
Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Grand Prix Chronograph
It is a timepiece that accompanies self-winding chronograph that highlights small seconds at 12 o'clock and display of the date. Normal movements of the wearer's wrist powers the watch machinery. The man's watch which is a limited edition of 1750 provides different highlights like black strap, forged carbon case, and black and red dial. Its wristband has hand-sewed calf leather with extravagant Alcantara inserts along with titanium and platinum pin or 18-carat gold clasp. It is additionally water safe (100m) and 50 hours of power reserve. The item has 365 sections and its bidirectional with respect to programmed winding.
Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Rubens Barrichello III
With a rose gold strap, it is included on the list of limited edition models the company has ever made. Creation was restricted to 257 pieces. White external dial and internal red dial exhibit a tachymeter scale. The watch likewise has advanced date display. Every one of the units are numbered exclusively and furthermore flaunt engraved New Grand Prix Record (R. Barrichello) on the black alligator leather strap that additionally spots rose gold clasp and red sewing. Its strap is made of crocodile skin, and it features an automatic movement.
Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Shaquille O'Neal
It is a standout amongst the most awaited limited edition watches maybe on the grounds that it was devoted to basketball genius Shaquille O' Neal. Audemars Piguet Watch Company just made 960 units of the watch for worldwide distribution. It is an uncommon item that isn't anything but difficult to get your hands on. It is offered at a premium price and is extremely desirable. The timepiece highlights generous dimensions with red and black color outlines. Eight screws secure its hexagon design bezel making it a watch with can be easily recognized. The case material is made of stainless steel , and it also features automatic movement. Crocodile skin is used to make the wristband. Some other features that it includes are:
- Silver hands with luminous fill
- Chronograph, crown, and steel bezel push pieces
- An Arabic Numeral Hour Marker with numbers three and two in splendid red (to demonstrate the product is associated with Shaq)
Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Rue St-Honore
Creation of this marvelous watch was constrained to just a hundred pieces. Every one of the watcheshas its number embarked on a solid black case. It works using automatic movements with date, hours, minutes, seconds, 60 hours power reserve and three counter chronograph. The case of this model showcases polished stainless steel, and the look is made more attractive with a striking octagonal stainless steel bezel. Owners feel that they are taking a look at a race car speedometer because of the blue waffle dial that brags white Arabic numeral hour. Date showing at 3 o'clock attracts many. It’s one of a kind strap accompanies a folding clasp and is produced using white crocodile leather. This AP watch has a 60 hours power reserve, and it was made to be worn by gentlemen.
Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Volcano
It is a luxurious men's watch that has a stainless steel band with custom diamonds. It is one of the models that exhibits various bright dials from the watchmaker. The unit has volcano style orange areas as a feature of its face color. The round timepiece accompanies a silver band color. The watch emergesas it's intended to put forth a red-hot style statement. Makers particularly designed the in-house movements. Like an Italian luxury car the "Volcano" is said to be an inspiration for this luxury watchmaker. All of this is due to its brilliant choice of color and careful craftsmanship. The bezel highlights eight white gold bolds that reflects the incoming light due to its diamond inserts and hence, this watch can be recognized from a distance.
We have already talked about many of the limited edition watch that Audemars Piguet watches has manufactured until now. But there is one watch that deserves a special slot for itself, not only because of the marvelous design, but also because of the unique features that now other Audemars Piguet watches flaunt. One of the best player of NBA deserves a special watch in his name, LeBron James' Cleveland Cavaliers. The Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore LeBron James limited edition, which had the design contribution of James himself. Here are the list of 5 things you should know about the Audemars Piguet LeBron James Royal Oak Offshore watch:
1. 1. It is not what one expects in most of the star athlete-branded sports watch. "King James's" Audemars Piguet isn't too black; it doesn't show his present team’s color or his shirt number; it has no undeniable references to his game (i.e., the baseball counterweight on the seconds hand of Randy Johnson's Ulysse Nardin or the basketball design on James' colleague Dwyane Wade's Hublot); and it's not even excessively large (the case is sized at 44 mm in distance diagonally). The color scheme of light grey (in certain light, it appears almost like off-white) for the dial and alligator strap, combined with rose gold, came from James himself. The Cavs (and previous Miami Heat) star is known for being extreme on the court however stylish off it, and for the watch bearing his name, he ran with a more "off-court" look, a watch he could wear with a tuxedo. "I just love the strap," James states in Audemars Piguet's release. "We discussed about the conceivable outcomes and I figured grey would be the ideal color. At first you don't generally think pink gold and grey will be a good match, yet when you match it up with this watch and this style, it's an impeccable mix."
2. It’s got a bit of bling — yet only a touch. LeBron not only wanted to go stylish over a sporty look, as well as, unlike some other celebrity-endorsed timepieces, subtle over showy. The chronograph push-piece at 2 o'clock is the main place on this Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore watch that is, carefully, set with precious diamonds. Both push-pieces, and also the winding crown, are made of black ceramic.
3. The case joins two materials that are rarely used together. The watch is still unmistakably recognizable as a Royal Oak Offshore, with its renowned octagonal case and "mega tapisserie" designed dial. The case is in 18k rose gold and furthermore includes a brushed titanium bezel, with the conventional eight screws, which echoes the grey tones in the dial and strap. The push-piece guards join rose gold with grey rubber . The sapphire gem has a glare proof covering. The case is water-resistant up to 100 meters. The Arabic numerals and hands are likewise in 18k rose gold.
4. The movement of the watch is complicated, exceptionally decorated, and on display. The Royal Oak Offshore LeBron James Limited Edition contains Audemars Piguet's automatic Caliber 3126/3840, whose functions include a date show (in a window at 3 clock on the dial), small seconds (on a subdial at 12 o'clock) and chronograph (with counters at 6 o'clock and 9 o'clock). The movement is 26 mm in width, 7.16 mm thick and comprises of 365 sections, including 59 gems. It has a frequency of 21,600 vph and a power reserve of 55 hours. Its embellishments incorporate circular graining on the mainplate, côtes de Genève on the bridges, and a somewhat open-worked 22k gold rotor with an anthracite galvanic treatment and a raised Audemars Piguet "AP" logo. The movement is visible through a sapphire glass caseback that additionally bears James' mark, imprinted in blue.
5. In case you're wanting to get one, you'll require an amount, and possibly a touch of good fortune. The Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore LeBron James limited edition is restricted to just 600 pieces around the world. The cost of admission to wear this watch which is also used by the four-time NBA MVP and two-time world champ? That would be $51,500.